First thing I made was a premarinated pork loin. I don't know if anyone else has seen these or not but I picked up a Oven Perfect(r) Pork Loin from HyVee this week. It was Farmland brand and we got the Chipolte BBQ version but they have plenty of other flavors to choose from. You cook the pork loin in the bag that it comes in...removing the stickers of course. It was sooooo simple, and tasted amazing and was super juicy. You bake it for 35 minutes and let it set for 5 before slicing. How easy is that? and tasty!
The second thing that I made was a recipe I found on Pinterest over the weekend. Now if you are like me you are a little skeptical of the recipes you find on Pinterest so I never share them until I have tried them and made any changes to them I feel necessary. This recipe was originally a Skinny Lobster Mac 'n' Cheese, but I just wanted it to be a Skinny Mac 'n' Cheese so I did and I altered it a little bit and my version is below edited from the Skinny Mom's website. Visit Skinny Mom's blog for more skinny recipes and healthy tips. This Skinny Mac 'n' Cheese took me less than 20 minutes from start to finish.
The final thing I added to the meal was a nice lettuce salad, I just tore up some romaine and added some precut kale and we threw our favorite dressing on it!
In less than 45 minutes I had a fairly healthy and tasty supper ready.
Skinny Mac 'n' Cheese
1.5 Tbsp butter
2 Tbsp flour
1.5 cups reduced-fat, shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
1/4 tsp pepper
1 - 14.5 oz can diced fire-roasted tomatoes
2 cups whole wheat pasts shells
1/2 cup skim fat-free milk
1/2 tsp mustard powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp Srircha
- Bring a stock pan of water and salt to a boil and cook pasta. Drain and set aside.
- Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Add flour and cook, making sure to stir constantly to make a roux. Stir until golden brown for about 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes and continue to stir constantly. Cook for 2-3 minutes until tomatoes become bubbly and start to thicken.
- Next, add cheddar cheese, Parmesan cheese, mustard powder, Srircha, black pepper and milk.
- Make sure to stir constantly until cheese is melted and sauce is smooth for about 3-5 minutes.
- Add in cooked shells and lobster chunks and stir to cover evenly. Cook and continue to stir for 2-3 minutes until heated through. Serve immediately.