Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Chicken...chicken...chicken...

For those who know me well know that this is an odd title for me...chicken? The girl who isn't a fan of bird? Well maybe I am overly medicated due to a wonderful cold or maybe I just love chicken in soup, but regardless the subject line isn't a joke.

So I want each of you to to this tonight on you way home. Go to the store and buy 2-4 pounds of boneless, skinless chicken breasts. I buy mine from the meat counter because I feel it is a little fresher than what is in the meat case prepackaged and I also think that they do a better job of trimming it up in the meat counter.

Go home and get out a baking dish, turn your oven on 350 degrees and let it heat up. Put your chicken straight in the baking dish and salt and pepper. Then pour enough tequilla, rum or vodka (or you can use water if the alcohol thing isn't you) to cover the dish...you will probably have to pour in all the places between the chicken since raw chicken usually sticks pretty good to a dish creating its own little dam barrier. Cover in foil and bake one hour or until chicken is done. You need to make sure the chicken is done so whatever method you use to accomplish that use; I personally put a knife in the middle of the largest breast and make sure it is cooked all the way through.

Pull out the chicken, uncover and let cool for 15 minutes or longer. Then in your baking dish take two forks and shred the chicken up. Put the shredded chicken into freezer containers or freezer safe zip lock bags in 1 or 2 cup increments.

I'll post three awesome soup recipies in the next three days that can be thrown together on a had-a-bad-day-need-comfort-food-kind-of-night that I will post on here the next three days. All simple, homemade, satisfying and can be ready in 30-45 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment