Friday, February 7, 2014

Sriracha Chicken Legs

I had chicken legs, I don't know why but I did so I needed to use them and I wanted to make them Buffalo Style since neither one of us are a fan of plain, ol', boring chicken. But neither of us are a huge fan of hot Buffalo sauce, but we are huge fans of Sriracha so I thought I could surely replace the Tabasco with Sriracha...and yes it did work.

So basically I pan seared the chicken legs to give them some browning then baked them for 45 minutes at 375 uncovered turning them once throughout the process. I made a typical Buffalo style sauce but swapped out the Tabasco for Sriracha in a skillet (Butter, Worcestershire, spices, etc.) and then coated the baked legs in the Sriracha Sauce. From there I normally would have grilled them for a few minutes and based them with the Sriracha Sauce a few times to really grill on the flavoring however the windchill prevented me from getting out on the deck (actually I'm pretty sure that the grill wouldn't have stayed lit, but regardless). But instead I just simmered them in the skillet for 3-5 minutes then served them up.

They were great for me since I'm not a huge heat person. Hope you can try them out the next time you are looking for a switch from the norm.

No comments:

Post a Comment