Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Beauty Swap #2 - I'm a New Mac Fan

I realize I am behind on my post for this swap, but travel has delayed my post, hope everyone is still enjoying the swaps! I love, love, love the beauty swaps. First they have been so much fun to meet people virtually and learn more about them (plus I follow everyone one Instagram) and second I am in love with the products that I have received as part of the swap.

This particular swap I was paired with Miss Lauren Scheller (follow her on Istagram @lscheller). She is a talented young woman so full of life and energy! We almost could have done our swap in person at NCBA but unfortunately I stayed home instead of enjoying time in utopia (Opryland in Nashville). I personally have never tried Mac cosmetics, maybe because I am from a small town and when I did move to the city I didn't know where a Mac store was, but Lauren is a huge fan (as I know is Crystal) and hooked me up with some awesome products. Not to mention that she had the cutest packaging!

She has the most lovely writing...I could only wish I could write so nicely!


Such cuteness, I was soooo excited to open each little treasure!


Mac Paint Pot Eye Primer - this stuff is amazing, it goes on smooth and doesn't cake all day, plus it has color to it. I don't put on eye make up, even neutral colors without using this primer first. And I agree with Lauren, Mac recommends to apply using a brush but we have both found that using your finger works just as well.

Mac Lip Glass - yes I said lip glass, it goes on so very smooth and doesn't get sticky like some other glosses...plus both tubes have just the right amount of color and opaqueness that I can wear them with or without lipstick underneath. I'm a big lipstick girl though so most of the time I have lipstick or a lip pencil underneath. I love these and I have one in my makeup bag and one in my purse always!

Moroccan Oil - I've struggled with moisture in my hair this winter due to the extreme cold in the tundra, ok I know it isn't the tundra but it has been darn cold. I like this product because it isn't too heavy and I can put it on before or after I style my hair. I received the Josie Marin hair oil in my first swap and I still don't know which one I like best, but I do like the Moroccan Oil for dry hair applications and Josie Marin for when I air dry my hair. I will say I also used this as an undereye cream once when I forgot my eye cream on the road, worked awesome!


My Instagram post, follow me at @travelingcowgirl, please disregard my
lack of makeup that day...I work from home!

A big thank you to Cowgirl Crush for co-sponsoring with Crystal Cattle and another big thank you to Crystal and congrats on a second successful swap, I can't wait for the next opportunity to meet some awesome ladies in Ag that love to glam it up and aren't afraid of a little glitter from time to time! If you want to see all the other lovely posts from the swap, visit Crystal's link up post.


1 comment:

  1. I missed this post but loved reading it now! I'm so happy you're loving the items! I'm still really enjoying all the goodies you sent me. I just bought myself a new Bite pencil in Pomegranate, a bright red. I'm a believer!

    ReplyDelete