Thursday, July 29, 2010

Lucious Lemon Cookies

So something I have been wanting to try for a very long time...and that is Cake Mix Cookies. I've always heard it can be done so I looked on the trusty internet (god bless Al Gore) and found a plethera of recipes. I picked the most common one and went with it and created a super yummy cookie. I'm sure that I will make this same cookie with a variety of cake mix flavors and toppings, but this one is perfect for summer. Lucious Lemon Cookies 1 box lemon cake mix 2 eggs 1/2 cup vegetable oil 2 TBS fresh squeezed lemon juice Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Comine all ingredients above, the mixture will be very thick! Spoon onto a baking stone or baking sheet sprayed with Pam for Baking. Bake for 10-14 minutes, mine baked for 12 minutes exactly on both the stone and the baking sheet. Remove from baking vessel quickly after removing from the oven and let cool on cooling wrack. Cookies will be very, very soft. Once completely cool, frost with a can of Lemon (or any flavor you pick) frosting and top with your favorite topping or sprinkles. I used lemon zest, gold sugar sprinkles and pink and white candied hearts (yeah don't ask, I found them in my baking cabinent). Personally I love the gold sugar sprinkles! Here is a pic of all the options I had tonight...counter clockwise...no decoration, lemon zest, pink and white hearts and gold sugar sprinkles.

No comments:

Post a Comment