Sunday, August 8, 2010

AnnaBANANA Cupcakes

Even though I heard this week that cupcakes are one of the Top 10 ‘fads’ that will go out of popularity in the next 5 years, I’m still making them (even though so is everyone else), and the next few recipes (and the website I got them off of (thanks to Anna requesting them) is just amazing and inspiring. Cupcake #1 from Anna’s Bridal Shower this weekend was a cupcake I would only make for my favorite banana…Annabanana. See here is the thing, I hate bananas…the smell, the texture and the taste do not appeal to me at all but I made them anyway and they were wonderful.
I got this cupcake off of a site: http://mingmakescupcakes.yolasite.com/. There are 30+ cupcakes with wild combinations of yumminess, plus there is a picture of each cupcake. Wonderful!
Cupcake #6 - Banana Cupcakes with Maple Brown Butter Frosting a.k.a. AnnaBANANA Cupcakes
Cupcakes: 1 c mashed bananas 1 T lemon juice (I used fresh squeezed) 1 ½ cup flour 1 tsp baking soda ¼ tsp salt ¾ stick butter 1 c sugar 1 jumbo egg (I used large because that is what I buy and it turned out fine) 1 tsp vanilla ¾ c buttermilk
In a small bowl, combine bananas and lemon juice. In a separate bowl, mix together flour, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Add flour mixture and buttermilk alternately while mixing. Beat in bananas and mix until well blended. Bake at 275 for one hour or until inserted toothpick comes out clean. After removing from oven, place in freezer for ½ hour.
Icing: 1 stick butter 3 c confectioner’s sugar ¼ c milk 3 T maple syrup
In a saucepan, melt butter at medium temperature until golden brown. In a bowl, add butter to sugar, then add milk and syrup. Beat until smooth.
Top each cupcake with icing (it will run down the sides of the cupcakes, so expect a mess), top with 3 banana slices and a sprinkle of cinnamon.

No comments:

Post a Comment