Monday, September 17, 2012

Low-Fat Chocolate Pumpkin Brownies

My pumpkin obsession continues. Sunday afternoon the weather was crisp, there was a storm trying to form but of course it did not, I was driving back to the farm to drop off my horse and trailer and was in the mood to bake. Something about fall makes me want to bake...put on a hooded sweatshirt and just bake. So the hooded sweatshirt was a little too much for the weather on Sunday but I did whip up these brownies. Now I didn't have one myself but I did eat some of the goodie that stuck to the knife as I was cutting them up. I started with a low-fat brownie mix and didn't add any oil to the mixture just the pumpkin and an egg so the brownies were pretty gooey and honestly probably could have used another 5 minutes in the oven but oh well.

Cast of characters....

Low-Fat Chocolate Pumpkin Brownies
1 box low-fat fudge brownie mix
1/2 pumpkin puree (NOT pumpkin pie filling)
1 large egg
1/2 tsp vanilla
2 tsp of pumpkin pie spice (I like mine spicy!)

Combine all ingredients in a bowl until just combined. Pour into a prepared 9x13 pan that has been lightly sprayed with cooking spray and bake for 5 minutes longer than package instructions. Let cool and enjoy with low-fat vanilla yogurt or fat-free whipped cream.

The finished pan, I added some candy corns for a little decoration, but I'm not sure why because I can't STAND candy corn, oh well they look cute!



No comments:

Post a Comment