Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes with Heavenly Frosting

This pumpkin obsession will stop I promise...come maybe December!

This recipe was so easy to make and based on the response I've been getting very tasty as well (you know I'm still not eating any at this point). I actually got the idea from my mom over the weekend she said she heard you could use a spice cake mix and add pumpkin for a pumpkin flavor so I tried it and it turned out perfect. The heavenly frosting is not complicated, you all know I'm a loyal can frosting user but just doctor it up so that is what I did here and I think I might have more compliments on the frosting than the cupcakes.

Aren't the cute? I topped mine with the Carmel Crunch topping from Pampered Chef and finally had a chance to use my bandanna cupcake papers!


Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes
1 box spice cake mix
1 can pumpkin puree
1 cup of apple cider
3 eggs
2 tsp cinnamon

Combine all ingredients into a mixer and combine until all combined, mix on medium for 2 minutes. Pour into cupcake papers and bake per box instructions. I baked mine at 350 for 20 minutes. Let cool completely and frost with Heavenly Frosting.

Heavenly Frosting
1 can cream cheese whipped frosting
3 TBS apple cider
1 tsp cinnamon

Combine all together and frost or put into a zip lock bag, cut the corner and pipe onto the cupcakes. Note if you go the piping route you will need to double the frosting recipe to cover all the cupcakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment