Friday, September 14, 2012

Pumpkin Oatmeal

It is that time of the year again, the time of the year where I become obsessed with pumpkin and try to put it in absolutely everything I make...sorry to those around me who aren't as obsessed as I am. So I started off my day by making Pumpkin Oatmeal. I decided to do this because last night I made some Pumpkin No-Bake Cookies from a Pinterest recipe...the jury is still out on them, but I had some pumpkin puree left over so this is what I did...

Prepare your oatmeal as you normally would. I personally like to make my oatmeal from scratch but if you use a prepackaged version it will work the same...but reduce the cook time on your oatmeal by 30 seconds. Take the oatmeal out and stir it to combine, add in anywhere from 1/4 cup to 1/2 cup of pumpkin puree (depends on how much oatmeal you are making and how much pumpkin flavor you want), a 1/4 to a 1/2 teaspoon of Pumpkin Pie spice, a splash of vanilla and a small amount of honey to taste. Stir well and cook the remaining 30 seconds. Now I kicked my up a notch and added some homemade granola (click on the link for my recipe) on top for some crunch and texture.

Yummy! I wish I would have thought ahead and used one of mom's turquoise Fiesta bowls.


Pumpkin Oatmeal
1/4 cup quick cooking oatmeal
1/4 + 2 tsp Silk or milk of your choice
1/4 cup pumpkin puree
1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
splash of vanilla
pinch of salt
1/4 tsp of honey
2 TBS homemade granola

In a microwave safe bowl combine oatmeal and milk, microwave for 1 minute. Stir the oatmeal and add the pumpkin, spices, vanilla, salt and honey, microwave for another 30 seconds. Stir. Sprinkle top with granola.

No comments:

Post a Comment