I modified the recipie a little becuase well I forgot the pecans in the gooey bowl of goodness so when I inverted the cake onto a plate I sprinkled the pecans on there and they stuck to the yumminess and no one was the wiser.
Here is the exact recipe from The Lady Behind the Curtain:
- 1-1/2 cups apples, chopped and peeled
- 1 can (12.4 ounce) Pillsbury cinnamon rolls with icing
- 1/2 cup pecan halves or pieces
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray 9-inch glass pie plate with cooking spray.
- Spread 1 cup of the apples in pie plate.
- Separate dough into 8 rolls.
- Cut each roll into quarters; place in large bowl.
- Add remaining 1/2 cup apples and pecans.
- In small bowl, mix butter, brown sugar and corn syrup until well blended.
- Add brown sugar mixture to dough mixture; toss gently to combine.
- Spoon mixture over apples in pan.
- Bake 28 to 38 minutes or until deep golden brown. Cool 5 minutes.
- Invert onto serving platter.
- Remove lid from icing.
- Microwave icing on high 10 to 15 seconds or until drizzling consistency.
- Drizzle over warm coffee cake. Serve warm.
In addition to the Upside Down Cinnamon Apple Coffee Cake we had Stuffed Breakfast Bubble Biscuits with homemade Sausage Gravy, Green Chile Egg Bake (which Jake and I have all the time) and a fresh fruit salad. It was a great way to celebrate Mother's Day with my mom, sister-in-law, grandma and aunt.