Thursday, January 8, 2015

Nephew DIY Projects

I have been on the road quite a bit lately and it hasn't changed I am currently on a 12 day trip so I thought it was time to get back to my blog. Here are a couple of projects that I worked on before Christmas...but there is a story behind them.

SO I will learn someday to always take before pictures when I start these DIY projects, but since I didn't I'm going to have to show you a couple of after pictures, explain what I (and my helper elves) did and let you imagine how hideous the original pieces were. Or my friend Jennie can vouch for how ugly the pieces were because she was with me when I bought them as the Good Will people were giving us a dirty look at 8:45 on a Monday night with the constant reminder that they were closing at 9:00. Yep we get it...moving right along now.

LEGO Table

This was super duper easy...all you need is an old end table or bedside table with a drawer or two...mine came from Good Will...1970's style with a drawer and a shelf under neath. I took the hardware off the drawer and wiped it down good with a disinfectant and then used Chalkboard spray paint and gave it a couple of good coats. Then I purchased a couple of Lego plates from Amazon (big surprise) and used E6000 to glue them down. We took over sized Legos and replaced the drawer pulls.

My future sister-in-law will love this picture, but honestly RK it was the best one I had of the table!

Kids Card Table

This was ROUGH...so very rough. I found it at Good Will the same night I got the Lego table. It looked like it was also from the 70's but it was in great shape and just needed a little TLC. So I paid $9 for it and purchased a $3 vinyl table cloth on sale at Wal-Mart and used a can of Espresso colored Spray Paint and went to town. For the top I removed the cardboard top and asked Jake and his sister (insert future sister-in-law from above picture) to help me put it together, how they did it I have no idea but I think it was a lot like putting fabric on a chair, etc. BUT it is so cute and the nephews had their own table at Thanksgiving and we can use it for a lot of functions and it cost less than $20!

No comments:

Post a Comment