Friday, March 16, 2012

I'll Admit I'm Obsessed

I am it is true, I'm obsessed with lemon cookies. I think it stems from childhood when my mom would buy those wonderful Archway Iced Lemon cookies, if you did not grow up with Archway Lemon cookies then you have not lived. They kind of smash together and you have to slowly peel them apart from each other.

Back in July of 2010 I first talked about the Lucious Lemon Cookies I made for a get together, still love those cookies but with my healthier eating I wanted the flavor without all the fat so I took the same great boxed cake mix (ANY cake mix will do, promise) and added egg substitute equal to 2 eggs and a half a cup of unsweetened applesauce, mix to combine then bake on 350 for 8-10 minutes. I swear that they are softer and chewier than the previous times I have made cake mix cookies. You could eat them just like that, they are that good, or if you wanted to do what I did take a can of the whipped cream frosting and lightly frost each cupcake. Perfect springtime afternoon snack washed down with a glass of milk. These would be super easy to make for a St. Patrick's Day party by throwing some shamrock or green sprinkles in the batter or dying the frosting green.
My lovely cookies, I ate the one in the middle it looked the yummiest to me I guess!

Light Cake Mix Cookies
1 box cake mix
egg substitute equal to 2 eggs
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce

Combine all ingredients and drop spoonfulls on a baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes. Frost with your favorite frosting or leave naked, great either way.

No comments:

Post a Comment