Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Birthday Celebration with Beef

Monday was my birthday and I feel that birthday's should be treated like holidays so I almost always take my birthday off as a vacation day.

This year I was at the farm helping with calving, we had big plans to get some work done on the farm I bought, but the rain came in and didn't give us enough time to get that started. But by being at the farm, mom made a wonderful homemade dinner spread including roast (from the freezer, good Acklin Cattle Co meat!), mashed potatoes, homemade noodles, green beans, beer bread and chocolate buttermilk sheet cake! My brother and sister-in-law came up and we all ate until we couldn't eat anymore.

Yummy Cake! Instagram filter applied!

Then I got to celebrate a second time on Tuesday when my guy took me to dinner and we both ordered filets that were very good, I had blue cheese added to mine since it was my birthday and we shared a bowl of ice cream with chocolate syrup after the girls at the restaurant sang me happy birthday.

I'm a very lucky girl and even more lucky I got two birthday meals both with beef! Next time you celebrate a birthday or just an average Wednesday, I hope you consider beef to celebrate!

No comments:

Post a Comment