Monday, April 23, 2012

New Favorite Snack

Hello I'm back for a while at least, I hope to get a couple posts up a week for the next month or so...a lot will be recaps of the past few months, but hey it is still new to you all! :)

Here is a photo of my new favorite snack. I've become very fond of Greek Yogurt and since I prefer my veggies of the raw variety I also like dip to go with them and we know how healthy dips can be. I saw in a magazine during my last couple months of travel that you can use Greek Yogurt like sour cream (which I do a lot anyway) but if you add ranch or dill powdered dip mix to it you have made a great veggie dip that not only has protein in it but is low in fat and preservatives.

I have been purchasing the large containers of plain Greek Yogurt because it is cheaper and just mixing up the dip in a small container each day to take along with my Ziplock baggie full of raw veggies. But if you can find the small containers of Greek Yogurt with a lid then you can use the same container to mix up your dip and take it on the go with you.

2 comments:

  1. Maybe I'll have to try this. I just can't seem to fall in love with Greek Yogurt. Maybe because I don't like sour cream! I do love ranch and dill though.
    www.crystalcattle.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'm also going to try to use honey and cinnamon and make an apple dip...so if that works I'll let you know how it turns out!

    ReplyDelete