Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Mexican Pig

So tonight while I was determining what to have for dinner (even though it was going to be pork or chicken because that is what was in my fridge) I was talking to Christy and I mentioned that I bought a lot of pork yesterday, she said that her son had some pig last night...yes he eats it if you call it cow or pig...I LOVE THIS KID. So indirectly Jasper inspired my meal tonight. For someone who makes a lot of quesadilla's at home (they are easy and quick) this was a great alternative from cheese only or ground beef (and you all know how much I love my beef). I don't eat a lot of spicy things, but I would recommend using the pork just like you do beef as far as peppers and spices, I think that the pork would hold up a chipolte or adobo sauce really well. This is also a great way to use fresh ingredients this summer with the salad. Ground Pork Quesadilla Quesadilla ½ Pound Ground Pork 1 tsp taco seasoning 2 TBS water ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese 2 whole wheat tortillas Avocado Salad 1 avocado chopped 1 Roma tomato chopped 1 tsp lime juice Cilantro to taste Combine all ingredients for avocado salad and let sit. Brown pork and combine taco seasoning, water and pork in a sauce pan, let simmer for 5 minutes or until water is absorbed. Assemble quesadilla with cheese, pork mixture and tortillas. Slice in 6 pieces and top with avocado salad. Alt: Use dried chipotle peppers or any other peppers instead of taco seasoning for a smoky or more spicy flavor.

No comments:

Post a Comment