Sunday, June 6, 2010

Twilight = Beef

I am finally getting around to reading the Twilight books, well I say reading, I plan to start reading while I am on my overseas trip this week. I wasn’t against reading the books, but they are big and require a lot of time to get through them and I just didn’t feel like I had that kind of time on my hands and I know that if I get into it I will lose a lot of sleep trying to get through the books. THEN I watched the movies Twilight and New Moon with the girls in Florida in April and decided that I needed to read the books. But the reason this gets very intertwined is because during my packing today (yes headed back across the pond) I was putting my Twilight book in my bag and remembered an article that warewolf hottie Taylor Lautner promoted the fact that he got buff (and we might as well include hot in there too) by eating lean beef during his training and then it hit me, I’m not going to have access to corn finished beef for 5 days because all beef in the UK is still grass finished…so I craved a burger and had to stop by 5 Guys on my way to the airport. Now I know that is a difficult way to get around to this and the point of this blog is going to be very disjointed…but interesting:
Twilight - Taylor Lautner – beef – UK grass finished beef – 5 Guys Burgers and Fries
Twilight Yummy Vampires….bring on my 7.5 hour flight to London!!
Taylor Lautner The blog that I follow and posted the mention of Taylor Lautner telling Oprah (bet she was annoyed by the fact that he said that) that he ate a ton of beef patties is: http://blog.beefmagazine.com/beef_daily/2010/05/18/twilight-star-taylor-lautner-shapes-up-for-movie-with-beef/
Beef Really, what do I need to say here? Beef is good, good for you and the people who raise beef are
good people (especially those in NWMO).
UK Grass Finished Beef I will support the UK beef industry this week and have grass fed beef at least once while I’m in the UK.
5 Guys Burgers and Fries If you don’t know what I’m talking about then you need to visit a 5 Guys soon…basic burgers (but they can get very complex with all the fixings) and hand cut fries (plus they even tell you where and what farm the potatoes come from that day, pretty cool). The only thing I want everyone to be aware of is that a regular burger is double patties and they are big and filling. I suggest you order a small burger (unless you are really hungry) and order a big fry to share with 2-3 people because it is a lot of food. There are a couple in KC that I know of, one at Tiffany Springs and one just south of 119th and Metcalf in Overland Park. http://www.fiveguys.com/index.aspx

1 comment:

  1. I read the whole Twlight Saga this Spring... mostly while in TX. Can't say it was my favorite, but worth reading! Enjoy......

    ReplyDelete