Friday, January 13, 2012

29 days to a healthier me - DAY 11

Happy Friday the 13th! I made this great hummus last weekend and put into small containers so I had little snack containers all week. You could flavor with anything you wanted though like roasted red peppers, sun dried tomatoes, flavored olive oils or other herbs...make it your own. If you like it smoother then make it in the blender, if you don't mind a little grit then the food processor works great.

Homemade low-fat hummus
1 can chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
1/2 cup plain yogurt (I used Greek)
1 TBS tumari
1 clove of garlic (crushed)
2 tsp fresh dill
1 TBS fresh squeezed lemon juice

Combine all ingredients in a food processor and pulse until combined and to the consistency you like. Add more yogurt to make more creamy or a little bit of olive oil to break down the consistency.

Love my little mini chopper...all the goods ready to be mixed!!

No comments:

Post a Comment