Monday, January 9, 2012

29 days to a healthier me - DAY 7

One week in and I am excited about this lunch option great for anyone looking for something fresh. I made this the week between Christmas and New Years and paired it with a soup I had in the freezer for dinner one night when I was probably playing on Pinterest instead of doing my laundry and cleaning my house...but who is going to tell on me?

Try this sometime this week...you'll be happy you did. When I made this I didn't add the hot sauce because I'm not a fan of super spicy foods. I also only made one half a pita and ate the rest of it out of the bowl like a salad with a spoon. It wasn't my idea, but it was a good one, especially if you are watching carbs and I'm going to use it.

Spiced Avocado Sandwich

All the goodies chopped with the orange juice. I think you could use lemon juice if you don't have an orange close by...isn't this so pretty for a winter sandwich?

Hungry pita goodness. This whole wheat pita has 110 calories and no fat.

So last week I mentioned I was going to start doing a cycle in the mornings to boost my metabolism, honestly if I didn't have to put on a sports bra to do it I would have done it every day but the thought of doing that when I first wake up just makes me more tired. Well that happened for two whole days and both of those days I felt awesome, so I am setting a goal to complete them all 5 days this week. The cycle again is 50 jumping jacks 5 pushups 20 sit ups 20 mountain climbers 30 second plank 7 burbees and you are supposed to repeat it 2 times. Honestly it only took me like 7 minutes to complete with a couple minute break in between curcuits so I could get a drink. This week I'm upping the ante and trying to add some intense ab work to it, which I know will significantly increase the time, but good for me. This fun little image I found on Pinterest says to do morning and night to reduce belly fat. I'm going to focus on once a day at first and maybe ease into twice a day if I can master the morning part.

You can find this image on my Pinterest Board. I am doing each exercise 10 times two times through with the exception of the last two, I'm doing a minute plank and skipping the last one since I am partnerless.

No comments:

Post a Comment